|Search Medjugorje Dates
Pilgrimages to Medjugorje usually begin at Easter and continue through to October with pilgrims generally avoiding the hot summer months. Apparition Hill, where the apparitions began, is the focus for most pilgrims, here they ascend to its summit to join in prayer and refection.
Since 1981, in a small village in Bosnia-Herzegovina named Medjugorje, the Blessed Virgin Mary has been appearing and giving messages to the world. In Her own words She tells us, "I have come to tell the world that God exists. He is the fullness of life, and to enjoy this fullness and peace, you must return to God". The following is an account of the beginning of the Apparitions.
On the 24th June 1981, on the hill known as Podbrdo (Apparition Hill) six children, Ivanka Ivankovic, Mirjana Dragicevic, Vicka Ivankovic, Ivan Dragicevic, Ivan Ivankovic and Milka Pavlovic saw a beautiful young Woman carrying a little child in her arms. They were frightened at what they saw and did not come closer, even though the Woman beckoned them closer. They knew this Woman was Our Lady.
The following day, the 25th of June 1981, the children went to the same place where Our Lady had appeared the previous day in hope of seeing Her again. However, the group of children had changed somewhat; Ivan Ivankovic and Milka Pavlovic were replaced by two others, Marija Pavlovic and Jakov Colo. With the flash of a light, the six children looked up and saw Our Lady, this time without the child. When they reached Her, they fell to their knees and began to pray with Our Lady. Before Our Lady left the children, She said, "God be with you my angels!" There has been only 5 days where no apparitions occurred. Medjugorje has been a place of peace, hope and inspiration for many. The Word of God is alive in Medjugorje as well as conversion.
- This programme is subject to change depending on the availability of the visionaries and the priests of the Parish.
- Upon arrival in Medjugorje you will be taken to your accommodation and introduced to your host family.
- After breakfast, attend Holy Mass. There will be an opening meeting and introduction to shrine of Our Lady Queen of Peace.
- At the Statue Of The Risen Lord attend a prayer service.
- Meet with the guides at the statue of Our Lady to walk through the vineyards, to the Hill of Apparitions (Podbrdo). Listen to the story of the first days of the apparitions and then climb, in prayer, to the site of the first apparition.
- Your guides will take you to meet with one of the visionaries for a talk on the messages of Our Lady.
- Climb up the Cross Mountain (Krizevac); there we will pray the Stations of the Cross as we make our way to the summit.
- Visit St. Francis Garden to conduct our closing meeting. Following the meeting, visit The Mothers Village. In the afternoon visit the Blue Cross, at the base of Apparition Hill, a very special place of many Apparitions of Our Lady.
- The coaches will collect you from your houses and will depart for the airport and your return flight. Our transfers always include our own guides who will take excellent care of you.
& PRICES IN MEDJUGORJE