- The above cost includes
- Return coach transfer to Dublin airport
- Flights from Dublin – Fiumicino / Naples - Dublin
- Luxury coach transfer to Assisi with lunch on arrival
- Two nights accommodation in the Hotel Frate Sole in Assisi on a half board basis
- Celebrate Mass in the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli
- Visit to the chapel of the Porziuncola
- Celebrate Mass in the Church of San Damiano with visit to the convent
- Walking tour of the medieval town of Assisi with visits to the Basilica of St. Francis and Basilica of St. Clare
- Time at leisure for personal sightseeing
- Celebrate Mass in Lanciano, site of the first Eucharistic Miracle of the catholic church
- 3 nights (2 full board / 1 half board) in the Hotel Colonne in San Giovanni
- Celebrate Mass in the ancient church of Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Visit to the English Office
- Visit to the capuchin friary and Church of St. Pio of Pietrelcina
- Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of St. Michael the Archangel
- Visit to the convent of Stignano
- Partipicate in the Way of the Cross
- Visit to the town of Pietrelcina, birthplace of St. Pio
- Visit to Piana Romana
- 2 nights in the Grand Hotel Continental in Sorrento on a bed and breakfast basis
- Two evening meals in a local restaurant in Sorrento
- Mass in the Basilica of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary in Pompeii
- Comprehensive travel insurance up to 85 years
- One item of checked luggage (15kg) & one item of hand luggage (10 kg)
- **Please Note**
- We are happy to facilitate those people who are willing to share. In the event that a share cannot be found, it will be necessary to take a single room which is subject to a supplement.
- Itinerary and flight details may be subject to change.
- Marian Pilgrimages reserve the right to cancel any trip due to insufficient numbers.
- *** NOT INCLUDED ***
- Porterage charges, gratuities, In-flight catering & meals where not stated
Day 1 – Wednesday, 25 October
This morning we depart from Dublin to Rome. Upon arrival in Rome we will meet our tour escort and transfer to Assisi, birthplace of St. Francis and St. Clare. On arrival in Assisi we will check into the Hotel Frate Sole where we will stay for the following two nights (1 night full board / 1 night half board). After lunch in the hotel we will celebrate the opening Mass of our pilgrimage in the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli. Afterwards we will visit the chapel of the Porziuncola – chapel of St. Francis first community, see the chapel of the Transito where St. Francis died and the Rose Garden. We will have time at leisure before returning to our hotel for evening meal.
Day 2 – Thursday, 26 October
After breakfast we will visit the Church and convent of San Damiano where we will celebrate Mass. Located in a beautiful setting just outside the walls of Assisi, it is the place where St. Francis first received his miraculous calling in 1205 and where St. Clare died in 1253 - an important stop on a pilgrimage to the Franciscan Holy City. Afterwards we will transfer to upper Assisi and have free time for lunch. In the afternoon we will have a walking tour of the medieval town of Assisi which will include a visit to the Basilica of St. Francis where we will have time for prayer at the tomb of St. Francis and the Basilica of St. Clare, founder of the Order of the Poor Clares. We will have time at leisure for personal sightseeing before returning to our hotel for our evening meal.
Day 3 – Friday, 27 October
This morning we will depart Assisi and travel to Lanciano, site of the first Eucharistic Miracle of the Catholic Church. The Miracle of Lanciano dates back to the eighth century when a monk had doubts about the Real presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. Whilst celebrating Mass, at the words of the consecration, the bread and wine changed into flesh and blood. It has been certified by the Catholic Church as a Eucharistic Miracle. The precious monstrance which preserves the relics of the Eucharistic Miracle is on display in the Church dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi in Lanciano. After lunch we will travel onto San Giovanni Rotondo where we will stay in the Hotel Colonne for the following three nights.
Day 4 – Saturday, 28 October
Our pilgrimage in San Giovanni Rotondo will begin with Mass in the ancient Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie where Padre Pio celebrated Mass. Afterwards we will visit the English Office where we will hear about the incredible life of St. Pio and receive a
Blessing with the glove and crucifix of the humble friar. We will return to our hotel for lunch. In the afternoon we will take a tour of the sanctuary which will include a visit to the Old Tomb where the remains of Padre Pio rested for over 40 years and the capuchin friary where the humble friar lived and died. Our day will end with a visit to the Church of St. Pio of Pietrelcina where we will have time for prayer before the mortal remains of the saint. We will return to our hotel for evening meal.
Day 5 – Sunday, 29 October
After breakfast we will travel to the town of Monte Sant’Angelo, home to the oldest shrine in Western Europe dedicated to the Archangel Michael. We will celebrate Mass and afterwards have some time at leisure. We will continue onto the nearby Convent of Stignano. According to legend, in 1216 St. Francis of Assisi passed through the valley of Stignano on his way to the Grotto of St. Michael the Archangel. Amazed by its beauty, he stopped and blessed the fruits of this area. We will visit the church which dates back to 1515 and is today in the care of the Franciscan Order. We will return to our hotel for lunch. In the afternoon we will participate in the Way of the Cross and have time at leisure for private prayer before returning to our hotel for evening meal.
Day 6 – Monday, 30 October
This morning we will depart San Giovanni Rotondo and travel to Pietrelcina, birthplace of St. Pio. We will celebrate Mass in the Church of the Holy Family and afterwards take a walking tour of the town which will include a visit to the home where Padre Pio was born, the Church of Sant’Anna where he was baptised and the parish church where he celebrated his first Mass. After free time for lunch we will visit nearby Piana Romana and see the tree beneath which Padre Pio received the Invisible Stigmata. We will transfer to Sorrento where we will stay in the Grand Hotel Continental for two nights. We will enjoy evening meal in a local restaurant.
Day 7 – Tuesday, 31 October
This morning we will travel to Pompeii where we will celebrate Mass in the Basilica of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Pompeii and afterwards venerate the painting of ‘Our Lady of the Rosary.’ We will enjoy a relaxing day as we take a drive along the Amalfi Coast enjoying the superb panoramic views. We will stop off at some towns along the coast, each with their own charm and traditions. We will enjoy free time for lunch and private sightseeing in Amalfi before returning to Sorrento where we will have dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 8 – Wednesday, 1 November
This morning we will celebrate Mass and afterwards have the morning free in the quaint town of Sorrento with its narrow cobblestoned streets lined with restaurants and elegant boutiques. After free time for lunch we will transfer to Naples airport for our return flight to Dublin and onward coach transfer to Limerick.
*It is our intention to follow the itinerary as outlined above, however due to many factors like local holidays, traffic or weather conditions it may be necessary to make changes to the order of events or even the cancelation of certain events.