- Return flights Dublin to Tel Aviv via Istanbul with 4* Turkish Airlines with superb in-flight catering and full entertainment
- Transfer on arrival from Tel Aviv airport to your hotel with guided assistance
- 4 nights in the 4-star Hotel in Legacy Hotel in Nazareth
- 4 nights in the 4-star Grand Hotel Park in Bethlehem
- 1 night in the 4-star Hotel in Tel Aviv
- Breakfast and evening meal served each day at hotels
- Full religious programme organised by Marian Pilgrimages with a complete programme of sightseeing and visits to sites of interest in the Holy Land as detailed in the itinerary below.
- Services of Marian Pilgrimages Tours representative and professional English speaking guide throughout the pilgrimage
- Full day guided tour of Jerusalem including visits to the Western Wall, Dome of the Rock, Church of St Anne, Via Dolorosa, Holy Sepulchre and Shrine of the Book
- Boat ride on Sea of Galilee
- Return taxi transfers to Mount Tabor
- Luxury air-conditioned coach throughout the itinerary
- Tips for Hotels, Coach Driver, and Guide
- All airport & local taxes
- *** NOT INCLUDED ***
- Single Room supplement
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (€25, €50 for pilgrims over the age of 80)
Day 1 - Monday 22 Oct - Arrive Tel Aviv
Morning check-in at Dublin airport for Turkish Airlines flight to Tel Aviv via Istanbul. On Arrival in Tel Aviv meet our Marian Pilgrimages representative and guides for a coach transfer to Nazareth. Check into the 4 star Legacy Hotel in Nazareth for 4 nights, dinner and breakfast.
Day 2 - Tuesday 23 Oct - Sea of Galilee
Morning Mass in the Basilica of the Annunciation in Nazareth. See the Cave home of the Holy Family, St Joseph’s workshop, and Mary’s Well. Drive to Cana, and visit the church of the Wedding Feast – site of Jesus’ first miracle. Renewal of Marriage Vows for married couples on the trip. Afternoon drive to Caesarea, see the Aqueduct, and visit the Roman Amphitheatre. Return to hotel for dinner.
Day 3 - Wednesday 24 Oct - Cana & Nazareth
Morning Mass on the Mount of Beatitudes, overlooking the Sea of Galilee. Hear the full reading of the great Sermon on the Mount. Visit Capernaum – where we see the old Synagogue and the excavations of Peters house. Visit the site of the multiplication of the Loaves & Fish at Tabgha, and the church of the Primacy of Peter on the lake-shore. Enjoy lunch on the shore of the Sea of Galilee then take a Boat trip across the Sea of Galilee to Tiberias, with relevant Bible readings. Return by coach to the hotel and enjoy dinner.
Day 4 - Thursday 25 Oct - Mount Tabor & River Jordan
Morning drive to Mount Tabor, and ascend by taxi for Mass at the church of the Transfiguration. Enjoy the view of the Valley of Armageddon Valley. Drive to Yardinet - Baptism site on the River Jordan, and renew our Baptismal Vows. Afternoon free in Nazareth. Dinner at hotel.
Day 5 - Friday 26 Oct - Jericho & Bethany
Drive along the Jordan Valley into Jericho. Here we can see the Mount of Temptation, and the Sycamore tree of Zacchaeus. Continue to the Dead Sea – the lowest place on Earth and enjoy a “dip” near Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. Drive by the Inn of the Good Samaritan, to Bethany for our Mass and visit the tomb of Lazarus. Continue on to Bethlehem and check in to the Grand Hotel Park in Bethlehem for 4 nights with breakfast and dinner.
Day 6 - Saturday 27 Oct - Bethlehem
Full day in Bethlehem. Visit to the Church of the Nativity for Mass. See the birthplace of Jesus, and the Holy Manger. See the churches of St Jerome, St Helen, and the Holy Innocents. Visit the Milk Grotto, and the Shepherds Fields.
Drive to Ein Karem and visit the churches of the Visitation, & John the Baptist.
Day 7 - Sunday 28 Oct - Mount of Olives
Drive to Jerusalem. On the Mount of Olives, group photo, and view the Old City. Visit the Ascension Dome, Pater Noster church, Dominus Flevit, Assumption church and Grotto and the Garden of Gethsemane. Afternoon visit church of St Peter in Gallicantu – church of the Cock-Crow, for Mass. See the dungeon where Jesus was held on Holy Thursday night. Walk around Mount Zion and visit the church of the Dormition, Tomb of David, and Room of the Last Supper.
Day 8 - Monday 29 Oct - Jerusalem
Morning in the Old City of Jerusalem. Visit church of St Anne and nearby, see the Pool of Bethesda. Walk the Via Dolorosa to the church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Rock of Calvary. Mass in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Visit the Western Wall. Afternoon free in Jerusalem
Day 9 - Tuesday 30 Oct - Jaffa & Tel Aviv
After breakfast, depart for Jaffa for Mass in the Franciscan church, and see the home of Simon the Tanner. Rest of the day is free to enjoy the superb prom and beach resort of Tel Aviv. Dinner & overnight in Tel Aviv.
Day 10 - Wednesday 31 Oct - Depart Tel Aviv
Short transfer to Tel Aviv airport for return flight to Dublin via Istanbul.
*There will be quite a bit of walking on this pilgrimage. Please talk to the tour leader or call the Marian Pilgrimage office for advice if you are at all concerned.
*It is our intention to follow the itinerary as outlined above, however due to many factors like local holidays, traffic or weather conditions it may be necessary to make changes to the order of events or even the cancelation of certain events.